Laboratory testing provides an additional piece of health information in conjunction with your history and physical examinations to your health puzzle. These tests give us more detailed information of what may be out of balance physiologically, in addition to being an excellent resource for health prevention. Often uncovering the root cause more quickly and giving a better direction for treatment.
Lab testing fees are not covered by OHIP and usually not covered by extended health insurance plans.
Lab testing includes:
Conventional Blood Tests: complete blood count, thyroid, blood sugar, iron, B12, cholesterol, etc.
- Food allergy/ sensitivity testing: assess whether certain foods are causing aggravations within your body
- SIBO testing
- Stool testing – assessing for bacterial, parasite, or yeast overgrowth
- Done through either blood, saliva or dried urine testing – assess hormonal imbalances
- Salivary Female panel [Progesterone, Estradiol, Cortisol, Testosterone, DHEAS]
- + Bedtime cortisol
- + Cortisol curve
- Salivary Adrenal function [Cortisol, DHEAS]
- Month long hormone assessment
- Salivary Male panel [Testosterone, Estradiol, Cortisol, DHEAS]
- Dried urine hormone testing (DUTCH panel) [all sex hormones, adrenal function + hormone metabolites + organic acids]
Other functional lab tests:
- Organic acid test
- Hair element analysis: assess toxin levels within the body
- Glyphosate myco-tox
Labs used for testing: lifelabs, rocky mountain, precision analytics, doctors data, great plains etc.